2023 Georgia Engineers Summer Conference
2023 Georgia Engineers Summer Conference
6/2/2023 - 6/4/2023
Make Plans to Join Us in 2023
in Asheville, North Carolina!
Friday, June 2 - Sunday, June 4, 2023
This annual conference is always focused on the three Cs – Content, Clients and Connections. What does that mean? It means the best business-focused speakers and information that will help you run your firms more productively and profitably, great clients and colleagues to visit with and, of course, fun networking events and side excursions.
Sponsorship Information - CLICK HERE
>> VIEW CONFERENCE ATTENDEES <<
FEATURED CLIENT SPEAKERS:
Dr. Ben Sorensen
Dr. Ben Sorensen provides leadership training, sales training, and executive coaching to corporate and non-profit organizations around the world and across a wide spectrum of industries, training thousands of senior executives every year.
During the past 20 years, Dr. Ben has become best known for his rich mix of corporate experience, non-profit work, and teaching ability. Ben focuses on teaching practical, proven skills while customizing all materials to the specific needs of each client.
Read Dr. Sorensen's full bio - CLICK HERE
- Peter Atherton, PE, President & Founder, ActionsProve
- Brad Carr, Senior Partner, Andersen, Tate & Carr
- Donna Corlew, CPSM, FSMPS, Chief WIT Officer, C*Connect
- Keith Costley, President & CEO, Keck & Wood
- Hallie Crawford, MA, CPCC, Certified Career Coach and Founder, Create Your Career Path
- Tony DiMatteo, Partner, Cornerstone Financial Partners
- Lee Edmond, Vice President, Professional Liability Specialist, Risk Strategies Company
- Erik Grandowski, Vice President of Marketing & Communications, Keck & Wood
- Roger Guilian, J.D., Senior Vice President, Greyling Insurance Brokerage & Risk Consulting, A Division of EPIC
- Jessica Guinn, Director, Cobb County Community Development
- Melda Hickman, Director of Systems Engineering, MARTA
- Rob Jacquette, PE, PTOE, Vice President of Operations, Keck & Wood
- Toussaint Kirk, Planning and Economic Development Director, Henry County
- Keri Kocur, Chief People Officer, VHB
- Frank Lazaro, Director of Client Services, CERM
- Richard McLeod, Director of Community Development, City of Dunwoody
- Wayne Owens, CPA, CGMA, DCA, Managing Director, Government Contract Practice, Stambaugh Ness
- Larry Prescott, Assistant General Manager Design, Engineering & Infrastructure and Interim Assistant General Manager Capitol Programs Delivery, MARTA
- Dan Ryan, CEO & President, Ryan Partners
- Greg Teague, CEO, CROY
- Tim Thornberry, Founding Partner, Cornerstone Financial Partners
- Eddie Wade, COO, CROY
- Skot Waldron, Internal Communication Strategist / GiANT Consultant, GiANT
- Lydia Zabrycki, Vice President of Client Engagement, ACEC Retirement Trust
- Mark Zagorski, Vice President of Business Development, ACEC Life/Health Trust
The Summer Conference is perfect for young engineers who want to grow professionally and gain tools to help your firm thrive! Do you want to attend but need help to ask your supervisor? Use our "Supervisor Letter" template! Our template helps you make the case that YOU belong at the Summer Conference!
Optional Group Activities include:
Add optional, fun group activities to your conference registration. Spaces are filling quickly, don't miss out!
- Golf at the Grove Park Inn on the Donald Ross Designed Golf Course
- The Spa at The Omni Grove Park Inn
- Asheville Drink Tour - Tour of an Asheville Cidery, Distillery, and Brewery
- Children’s activities at the Grove Park Inn Sports Complex
Learn more by CLICKING HERE.
If you would like to add any of these activities to your registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACEC Georgia Members - $725
Nonmembers - $925
Room Rate - $299 (you will receive the link to book your room in the registration confirmation). Room discount ends May 4th, 2023.
Refunds for Conference Registrations are available up until May 19th.
290 Macon Ave
Asheville, NC 28804 United States
Please note the ACEC Georgia room block is full and the hotel has limited availability. There are many hotels nearby; click HERE for more information.
Friday, June 2nd
11:30 AM - 1:00 PM - Optional Golfing Outing (tee times TBD; additional fee)
3:00 - 7:00 PM - Registration Open
7:00 - 9:30 PM - Conference Kick-Off Reception and Dinner
Saturday, June 3rd
7:15 - 8:00 AM - Coffee & Networking
8:00 - 10:30 AM - Breakfast & General Session
10:30 - 11:30 AM - Breakout Session A
11:30 AM - 12:00 PM - Grab and Go Lunch
12:00 - 2:00 PM - Breakout Sessions B & C
2:30 - 6:30 PM - Optional Asheville Drink Tour - Group Tour of a Cidery, Distillery, and Brewery (additional fee)
7:30 - 9:45 PM - Optional Children's Activities at the Grove Park Sports Complex - Supervised activities with professional staff will include games, arts and crafts, and swimming for children ages 5-12. Parents MUST be on the property during this activity. (additional fee)
8:00 - 9:45 PM - Dessert Reception
Sunday, June 4th
7:15 - 8:00 AM - Breakfast with Exhibitors
8:00 - 8:50 AM - Breakout Session D
9:00 - 10:30 AM - General Session
10:30 AM - Adjourn